- 14-Dec-2016 to 30-Jun-2017 (MST)
- International Programs Office
- Full Time
The benefit package for employees includes reduced tuition for employees and eligible dependents; medical/dental/vision coverage; life insurance; short/long term disability; and no-cost access to the campus fitness center and many on-campus events.
Lewis-Clark State College invites applications for the position of International Recruitment & Retention Specialist.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $35,901
Degree Requirement: Master's in International Education or related field or Bachelor's with 1 year of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with accuracy and to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Experience in International Education recruitment.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with multicultural or international students.
- Demonstrated social media skills.
- Database management skills.
- Experience with international admissions processing.
- Experience liaising with international partners and recruitment agents.
- Experience coordinating student activities.
- Working knowledge of F-1 student visa regulations.
- Current experience working as an academic advisor in a college setting.
International Student Recruitment:
- Develops relationships with prospective international students, agents, partner colleges & universities, as well as other international constituents.
- Liaise with recruitment agents and other contacts with regard to international admissions and incoming students.
- Identifies and develops strategic partnerships to enhance the college's international profile.
- Develop and recommend partnerships with domestic community colleges intended to encourage international students to transfer from those schools to LCSC.
- Manages international travel schedule of approximately 4-6 weeks/year.
- Manages domestic travel schedule of approximately 1-2 weeks/year.
- Weekend and evening work may be required from time to time.
- Develop correspondence to support the recruitment of degree-seeking international students.
- Tracks leads and inquiries and follows up to convert maximum number of prospects into applications.
- Maintain accurate and current database of agents, leads, and partners
- Prepare detailed return on investment reports.
- Provide input to and feedback on the effectiveness of recruitment activities and marketing materials.
- Regularly produce reports with various levels of admissions data.
- Provide input to and feedback on admission processing practices to help ensure that LCSC processes inquiries, applications and enrollments in a time frame that ensures International Programs achieves enrollment targets.
- Assist Director with creating a coherent marketing and communications plan.
- Produce marketing materials including brochures, web sites, and other materials targeted to international audiences.
- Web/social media
- Manage the IPO pages.
- Manage social media activities.
- Supervise social media intern.
International Student Retention:
- Serve as Academic Advisor for international first year students.
- Monitor student progress.
- Monitor student academic performance .
- Advise student registrations.
- Coordinate international student support including orientation, cultural programs and student activities.
- Supervise activities intern.
- Creation and maintenance of an annual activity plan and calendar.
- Informing international students, staff, LCSC community, host families and LC valley occupants of activities.
- Working with IPO administrative assistant to ensure all LCSC policies and procedures are followed.
- Work with LCSC's Student activities and Residence Life staff to coordinate activities and effective use of resources.
- Assist with student activities as needed (including driving 10-passenger vans).
- Supervise Social Media & Activities interns and other student workers as necessary.
- Represent the International Programs Office on appropriate committees.
- Other duties as directed.
Application Procedure: Please upload the following documents
- Letter of application outlining relevant experience and qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
Application deadline is open until filled.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check. LCSC is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!