- 12-Apr-2017 to 31-Jul-2017 (MST)
- Full Time
The benefit package for employees includes reduced tuition for employees and eligible dependents; medical/dental/vision coverage; life insurance; short/long term disability; and no-cost access to the campus fitness center and many on-campus events.
Lewis-Clark State College invites applications for the position of Retention Specialist.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $30,373 (10-month position).
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- Experience working with the target population;
- Training and experience in teaching and knowledge of current retention models;
- Professional bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written)
- Background similar to target population
- 3+ years working with target or similar population
- Knowledge of grant programs
The CAMP Retention Specialist, under the supervision and general direction of the Program Director, shall be responsible for assisting in the administration of the academic support component of the CAMP Program. This position will be responsible for direct delivery of services to program participants and may be responsible for teaching college level study skills and/or supplemental instruction course as well as workshops. The Retention Specialist may also travel a couple of weeks each semester to Eastern/Central WA to assist with general recruiting for the program.
1. Monitor student progress throughout the semester, and maintain service delivery reports. Provide student advising.
2. Establish and maintain direct communication with instructors of students being tutored, with tutors (progress reports on students), and with students.
3. Assist the Program Director in the public relations for the program. Serve as official spokesperson for the program when so designated by the Director.
4. Assist in student evaluation of program-sponsored services. Assist in compiling research and preparation of grant applications, federal compliance guidelines.
Application Procedure: Please upload the following documents
- Professional Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- 3 References
Application deadline is open until filled.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check. LCSC is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!