- 07-Feb-2017 to 30-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Career & Technical Education
- Full Time
The benefit package for employees includes reduced tuition for employees and eligible dependents; medical/dental/vision coverage; life insurance; short/long term disability; and no-cost access to the campus fitness center and many on-campus events.
Lewis-Clark State College invites applications for the position of Dean of Career & Technical Education.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $95,000 DOE; 12-month, exempt position.
Degree Requirement: Master's degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years non-academic business / industry experience
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory capacity within an academic environment
- Expertise in developing and managing budgets
- Meets qualifications to obtain Idaho State Career Technical Administrator's Certificate (https://cte.idaho.gov/educators/certifications/)
- Doctorate in related area preferred
The Dean is responsible for all operational aspects of Career & Technical programs and subsidiary units. The Dean serves as a member of the Provost's administrative team, and is expected to provide leadership within the reporting units, the college and the community. The duties of the position will be performed in compliance with institutional, Idaho State Board of Education and Idaho Division of Career & Technical Education policies.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and collegial administrative relationships
- Advise the Provost on issues relative to Career & Technical programs
- Advise the Provost and President on college-wide matters as requested
- Coordinate with appropriate areas within the college to insure high quality instruction, programming, and advising
- Communicate issues and recommendations to appropriate college personnel
- Serve on Academic Petitions Committee
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication vehicles including websites
- Secure space and other needed resources through consultation with the Provost and other appropriate offices
- Represent upper administrative in the LCSC Faculty Senate
- Other duties as assigned
Budgets and Resources
- Lead development of Career & Programs internal and external budget and grant requests
- Insure compliance with college and state policies
- Develop budget requests, allocate resources, and control expenditures from approved budgets
Leadership and Supervision
- Supervise all assigned areas, including units within and ancillary to Career & Technical programs
- Foster excellence in instruction and programming
- Represent LCSC as assigned, with emphasis on business, industry, and economic development
- Represent the college to the Technical College Leadership Council
Program Development and Management
- Approve and foster new programming
- Monitor professional requirements for graduates
- Monitor assessment of programs through program review process; specialized accreditations; and surveys of graduates and employers
- Define job responsibilities, assign duties, and supervise CTE division chairs and non-faculty personnel
- Foster faculty and staff professional growth
- Evaluate faculty and staff and make appropriate recommendations regarding hiring, promotion, and retention
- Implements appropriate institutional, State Board of Education, and Department of Career & Technical Education policies and procedures
- Maintains required records and prepares required reports in a timely fashion
Application Procedure: Please upload the following documents
- Career & Technical leadership philosophy statement (1 page)
- Names and contact information (telephone, email address) for 5 professional references
Application deadline is open until filled; priority deadline is March 15, 2017.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check. LCSC is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!